Saturday 14 June 2008

Random ramblings again

If you have encountered your share of heartaches, and you're struggling to hold on to a faith that says, 'God will not forget or ignore me', the despair sets in very quickly. Paradoxically, I am comforted by the words of Jesus in Matthew 10:39--' Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.'
That was a reinforcement of an insight He gave to me some time back. Whenever I go through a tough time, I would like to think that there was some purpose behind it (and there is). And whatever it was, God was not oblivious to my pain (this was if I couldn't discern some reason for my experience). I was conducting a teaching series on Luke and I recall saying something to the effect of, 'It may seem that you're giving up your happiness forever, but nothing you give up to and for God will ever be in vain.'
As much as I am convinced by the insight which I just mentioned in the previous paragraph, I am repeating it here also for my own comfort. I am afraid of having the hope again for fear it may prove false (or perhaps the pain was a necessary part of the development? I don't know). So folks, whatever I'm saying, it's for me as much as it is for you. The insight is in a form of a quote:
All missed chances, however, permanent they may seem, will one day work out to the glory of God, and to your eventual joy.

No comments: